Monday, March 11, 2013

Revlon Girly + Wet n Wild Flossy Flossy

I'm the type of person that has to get up and do something in the morning-- I can't just wake up and do nothing. So what else is there to do when the house is clean and breakfast is cooked? Go to Target! Oh, but I wanted to look at fabric at Joann, too, so go to Wal-Mart! The Wal-Mart just down the street from where I live is perhaps the most ghetto Wal-Mart I've ever been to so if I'm not in my parents' neck of the woods, I make the 11 mile trip to the nicer one out in Porter Ranch.

While browsing the cosmetics section, I saw the beautiful brightly lit one-side-of-the-aisle display of... dun dun dunnnn... nail polishes and nail products. It was pretty spectacular, even my daughter thought so.
They even had a couple of brands that I'd never seen before, and across from the display was good 'ol Revlon. With so many options I just couldn't choose! I kid you not, I spent atleast half an hour going from side-to-side picking up bottles, holding them up, looking up swatches of them online. People probably thought I was crazy! I was limiting myself to only one bottle. For about 10 minutes, I was down to Sally Hansen Snow Globe, Revlon Heavenly, and Revlon Girly. I really wanted a pretty polish with holographic glitter so I could use it whenever I wear one of my aurora borealis bracelets like this one but I couldn't pick between the two (Snow Globe and Heavenly) so I ended up going the other direction and picked up Girly. Girly is a pinkish milky base with royal purple and fuschia medium hex glitters and small pink, purple, and holo glitters. I couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I didn't get around to it until the evening though.

See my mani using Revlon Girly after the jump!


So I broke out all the pretty polishes I was going to use for my mani yesterday.

The Sinful Colors, JLB, L'Oreal, and Wet n Wild were used as my base colors and I used Revlon Girly on top. And before it could completely dry and clean up the edges, this happened:
The polish at the top of my middle nail went bye-bye *sniffles*. Rather than fix it, I swiped it all off and started over. By that time, it was already 8pm and I was dead tired. So I went for a different look-- I took out one of the polishes I'd gotten from an Ipsy bag a couple of months ago and swiped on a couple coats. Warning: it will look streaky! I don't care for the polish and at this point, I didn't really care what my base color looked like-- I just needed a translucent base. I piled on Revlon Girly and a coat of Wet n Wild Flossy Flossy onto my tips, added my top coat, dunked my fingers into ice water (brrrrr!) and this is what I ended up with:
Revlon Girly is such a pretty glitter polish. I wish the pink base of the polish wasn't as sheer as it is (you can see a hint of it in the last picture-- the pinkish color on my tips is from Girly). The brush came out full of glitter every time I dipped it in and pulled it out. I did need to play around with the glitter a tiny bit to get them where I wanted but overall I'm pleased with my choice. 

Would I buy this again? Maybe. It really is a beautiful polish and if I needed another pink & purple glitter, I'd most likely re-purchase this polish. I just wish the base color wasn't so milky.

This week I'm linking up to:
.

No comments:

Post a Comment