Friday, February 8, 2013

Intro + Wet n Wild Fergie Collection - Flossy flossy

You know that feeling you get when you try to do something you've done in the past but then you try to get back into it? That awkward feeling? Totally feeling that way right now. Long story short, I used to blog ALL. THE. TIME. circa 2001-2005. Nothing really of substance-- mostly what I did that day, how I felt, how dumb boys were, and sharing 272 pictures of myself via webcam. Hey, one misplaced hair really does make a difference. Things haven't changed TOO much. I'll spare you the details of my life because I want to share something I found that I am totally IN LOVE with.

The Wet n Wild Fergie Collection has been around for a little while now and previously the only thing that I bothered to purchase that I had to have was Glamorous, a clear base nail polish with gold glitters. The hubby and I stopped by CVS on the way home from stuffing ourselves with AYCE sushi for dinner yesterday because I wanted to pick up the Essence of Beauty precision blender sponge (I'll write about that after I get some use out of it). Naturally, I had to detour through the nail polish and I found the Fergie Collection display hiding at the end of an aisle. The $3.49 price tag made me squirm a little. I know, it isn't THAT much but when I'm used to Wet n Wild being $1-2, I tend to react. Anywho, one bottle of gorgeous glitter caught my eye.



Flossy flossy is a clear base nail polish with gold and pink/rose gold hex glitters and tiny multi colored hex glitters-- I can catch glimpses of purple, teal, green, silver, and an orange/red. I was so excited to try it when I got home that I just put it on over whatever polish I was already wearing.

This is two coats of Flossy flossy over two coats of WnW Undercover which is a mauve color. Here it is with a white base + one coat Flossy flossy + one coat Sally Hansen PinkSlip + one coat Flossy flossy + one coat Revlon quick dry topcoat. First photo- indoors; second photo- outdoors in sunlight; third photo- outdoors in shade.



The glitter polish applied smooth, took a little of coaxing to get the glitter distributed well enough but overall I'm very pleased with it.

Would I buy this again? Yes. As a matter of fact, I will probably buy another bottle (or two) next time I go to CVS so I've got enough to last me a while.

Edit: I just did a Google search and I found a couple blogs (here and here) that Flossy flossy is the same as the Spoiled polish Jewelry Heist. Save $1.50? I'm all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment