Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sinful Colors Spring 2013 Collection: Sugar Rush

As I mentioned in my last post, Walgreens had a great deal on Sinful Colors nailpolishes. They are $1.99 regular price but they had a coupon for $1.00 off. I didn't go wild but I did pick up a few on a couple trips I made last week. I picked up these pretties the first time:
Left to right: Unicorn, Orange Cream, Starfish, Sweet Tooth, and Candy Coated

Walgreens had the displays for their new Spring 2013 Collections, one of them was Sugar Rush which was pastel and bright eyecandy. I basically went pastel crazy =D.  All of these colors (with the exception of Starfish) are part of the Sugar Rush Collection. There were a couple others, Cotton Candy and Sweet Nothing, that I did not purchase because the colors didn't appeal to me. At the time. Watch, I'll end up purchasing them in a couple weeks when they're regular price. Doh.
Here are the colors swatched. Unicorn (which I read on Emi's blog is also a core shade) is a really pretty yellow in the bottle but for me it applied horribly. All of the swatches above are three coats and I couldn't get Unicorn to full opacity with three. Maybe it's just me but it wasn't really my cup o' tea. I wasn't too crazy about how the color looked on me either. I'll still keep the color and use it just in my nail designs.

Of the five colors I picked up, my favorites are Orange Cream and Candy Coated. I also have Hazard from Sinful Colors which is a more bold orange/coral color but Orange Cream is just right on me. Candy Coated reminded me of Revlon's Enchanting when I saw the bottle in the store but I decided to purchase it anyway and I'm really glad that I did. Again, it's a great formula but it doesn't have the slight shimmer that Enchanting has and it's more on the blueish lavender side. To be honest, I actually like Candy Coated better and it helps that it's cheaper, too ;).

So those are what I picked up on my first trip, I'll be back later to show you a few I picked up the second time around. Did you take advantage of the $0.99 Sinful Colors polishes at Walgreens last week or do you have any of the Sugar Rush Collection? Which one(s) is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment