Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Review: Revlon Enchanting


Whenever I don't know what color to paint my nails, my go-to color is usually purple and Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Lively lilac. Well, my Lively lilac has... dried out?

Over the weekend, I also picked up a Revlon polish in the color Enchanting (buy 1 get 1 50% off!) which is the first Revlon polish I've owned. I used them before when I was much younger. This was before I bought nail polish and I used whatever my mom had which basically consisted of reds, pinks, and clear coats.

The bottle is definitely pretty. Simple with a black brush handle and gold trim. Something about gold that gets me every time. Anywho, my last mani looked like my base color was cracking so it was time to switch up the nails. After about half an hour of trying to figure out what color to use, I remembered that I had this little baby and put it to work.

It's a reeeeally pretty deep lavender color. Lively lilac is more pink toned so it's a nice change. The Revlon Enchanting went on so smooth, I was actually really surprised. When first applied, there was a slight somewhat pinkish shimmer to it but looking at the color now that it has dried, it's a nice smooth creme. This took me two coats for full opacity-- I tend to use thin coats so some of you may be able to even get away with just one.
Don't mind my crappy cuticles-- I suck at them. This is with one coat of Wet n Wild's Fergie Collection glitter in Glamorous which is a clear base filled with medium gold hexagon glitter and tiny gold square glitters. And just for kicks, here's a picture of my nails and my breakfast-- I love these little manzano bananas! I added a really thin coat of Flossy flossy (have I mentioned how much I love that polish yet?). This also gives another view of the color under bright lights. I'll take an outdoor picture when the sun comes out =).

Would I buy this again? Absolutely. I'm sorry, Lively lilac, but you've been replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment